A customer has a structured help desk team.
The team meets every day to assess operational capability, in particular:
- Discuss ongoing initiatives
- Remediation / progress on any current major problems
- Identify trends such as those around consumption of services
- Overall health, eg number of open fault calls
1x Help desk manager
3x Help desk team leads
9x Help desk operators
Building the reports for the meeting takes each person 30 minutes each day.
Cost per hour
Number of people
Help desk manager
Help desk team leader
Help desk operator
Make the report preparation time as close to zero as possible.
If we take this scenario, we notice a few things:
- The tasks are repeated 260 times per year (maximum) per person
- Over 1690 hours are spent building reports
- It costs approximately $40,000 per year
The primary product being used is reporting.
If envisage a one-time cost to build this set of reports that are used by these employees could amount to $2500.
If we also predict that the annual cost of Nova is $25000.
We can predict savings of $12,500.
The values used in this story are approximations.
Real world values can be used in the ROI Calculator (See the main Nova page for a link)